Saturday, June 18, 2016

June Birchbox Opening... or UnBOXing !


I take my summers seriously. It is a time for me to catch up on my photography projects, lounge and get in the car and go to some wonderful places. One of the things I do not do is multi-task...the summer slows me down enough to perform singular, detailed activity, and everything is done with pleasure. I savor every step I take, because I know that September will arrived sooner than we want, which brings back work and inevitably, multi-tasking! Aaaahhh!!! Let's not go there just yet!!! Breathe in, breathe out!!!


Birchbox has chosen to multitask this month, however, and that's okay. Products for this time of year should do more than one thing so we can maximize our time doing the things we love!

Opening my box this month was a joy; the diamond print on the box with its soft lavender underside makes this yet another box I will have difficulty saying goodbye to, and each sample is something I am excited to try. There will definitely be a purchase out of at least two of these samples!

There is just one thing I am not pleased with this month...

What is this all about?! 

This means, that I will not be able accumulate points for the Juliette Has a Gun Perfume I have been wanting. It is 145.00, and saving points for that would have allowed me to save money. I believe they are on to us smartypants who like to build our points this way. But somehow, it does not seem fair: Many of us purchase more than just the 10.00 monthly subscription box--I know I purchase add-ons almost every month--and deserve the points we save and deserve to use them to trade in for products we want.  To me, spending points in any increment has no financial benefit...it only makes an impact when you have A LOT OF POINTS to spend. That's when the Happy Factor really kicks in. 

But, we cannot have everything our way...companies need to maintain their profits, and when their customers become wiser than they are, well...you get the picture. 

Enough ranting! Birchbox truly has outdone themselves for June ( maybe they knew they'd have to deliver because of the changes to their Birchbox Points...), with products for face, hair, lips, body and more. Each sample is designed to be used in more than one way.  I think I am going to like the LOC One and Done Shadow Stick the most; the color is just right for the summer sunshine, and it can be used as a shadow and a liner! 

I am also fond of the Davine's Authentic Cleansing Nectar for Hair/Body. In the shower on a warm, summer morning, I know I want to be in and out, so this versatile wash will definitely come in handy. 

For more on what's inside, watch my video below, and visit my channel to see the try-out of two of the samples. Go to my channel and subscribe and like!










Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig