Saturday, December 26, 2015

Christmas Tea

     This holiday season has been truly magical for me and my loved ones. I thought our vacation to SanFrancisco last year was great, but for the first time in many years, we had a wonderful stay-at-home Christmas with family and friends, enjoying this time to be together and celebrate the season with special dinner, baking, gifts and decorations galore! We even organized a family service project to put together baskets for a local women's shelter, along with an awesome Christmas Cookie Swap and cocoa bar. Everyone had so much fun and had plenty of cookies to take home!

     The best time, for me, had to be serving Afternoon Tea to my family. While it was not the first time, nor the most elaborate I have staged, the idea of fellowshipping over a cup of tea and relaxing by the fire as the wind blew outside made this little gathering quite special. My boys and my husband never object to the fineries; they usually select their favorite bone china tea cup, along with a spoon and a napkin for their tasty treats. My daughter enjoys each occasion as an opportunity to post and share with friends on her social media pages about how her family participates in this unique pastime. Most of all, I enjoy watching them take part in being with one another, sharing love and good conversation as we grow closer as a family.

No scones this time, but plenty of savory treats, fruit, and a variety of teas by the tree!

Chocolate Brownie cookies with Peppermint Glaze

Water is piping hot for waiting cups. A fruit platter is filled with grapes and clementines. 

Tuna Sandwiches..quick and simple, but when cut in triangles, they can be kinda classy!

Smoked Deviled Eggs

Pretty cups make tea time special! 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig