Sunday, January 24, 2016

Natural Journey: Taming the Crunch

   As my hair grows away from its relaxed state, I am finding the true curl pattern I was born with. This rediscovery has come with accepting the new shape of my fro and how it stretches after a twist out from day to day. It also comes with the new issue of keeping my edges under control.

Bad hair day? I would say so..
With relaxed hair, my edges were tame. They stayed down, lying softly on my forehead with gentle, wispy swirls that were peppered with a touch of grey. Now, they tend to misbehave, and those grey strands stand up in defiance, giving away my age with a vengeance.


I had to do something.

I was using ORS edge control when my hair was relaxed. It worked well with a simple dab and a stroke of the brush, but my natural hair resists this product, leaving chunks of residue that looks goopy and unpolished.

After much research and visits to YouTube, I decided to try Creme of Nature Perfect Edges with Argan Oil and my usual go-to, Eco Styler Olive Olive Oil Styling Gel. I first applied the Perfect
Edges and smoothed it down with a soft brush. Next, I added a small amount of Eco Styler, and used an old toothbrush to set my wispies in place. Tying a silk scarf around my head until I was ready to depart for the day left my edges smooth and obedient, not just for an hour, but for most of the day. A small touch up in the late afternoon was all I needed.

To view my chat about taming my edges, click here. If you have another way that you use to tame and style your edges, leave your method in the comments below!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig